Weight-bearing exercise is important for your health, particularly for muscle and bone development. Resistance bands provide muscle-building tension, and can be used almost anywhere. Bands offer safe and effective workouts, and are often recommended by physical therapists for rehabilitation purposes.
Like free weights or weight machines, resistance bands provide a force against which your muscles must work. This action causes muscles to contract, which stimulates bone as well as muscle growth. Johns Hopkins Medicine recommends the use of resistance bands as one of the safest methods to increase bone strength and help prevent osteoporosis.
10 BENEFITS OF RESISTANCE BAND TRAINING
- Incredibly Cost-Effective: Resistance bands are inexpensive and can be purchased for under $10. Even more extensive kits, which may include DVDs and other exercise equipment, can be purchased for under $40! Whether you buy them individually or as a set, resistance bands are an inexpensive addition to your home gym equipment.
2. Adaptable for Multiple Fitness Levels: Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, resistance bands are for you. They come in a variety of resistances, including light, medium and heavy, and you can further adjust the intensity and amount of tension from your resistance-band by giving it more or less slack. You can even use multiple bands at once to increase the challenge.
3. Used with Familiar Exercises: You can often use familiar strength training moves with resistance bands, which means you don’t need to learn a complicated new routine. For instance, resistance bands can replace the weights you use for biceps curls, chest presses, lat pull downs, or can increase the intensity of your push-ups. Anchor the band to any stationary object, and increase the exercise versatility 10 fold.
4. Whole-Body Exercises: Resistance bands can be used for a comprehensive, full-body workout that challenges virtually every major muscle group in your body.
5. Save on Storage Space: Resistance bands take up virtually no space to store them, which means you can use them at home even if you have very little extra space. When your workout is done, simply stash them in a drawer until your next session.
6. Excellent for Travelling: Resistance bands are lightweight and easily portable. You can stash them in your suitcase when travelling and use them to get a good workout right in your hotel room.
7. Add Variety: Your muscles quickly adapt to movements you do often, which is why adding variety to your workouts is key for challenging your muscles. Resistance bands can be alternated with free weights and exercise machines for ongoing variety.
8. Easy to Use Alone: It’s not a good idea to lift heavy weights without an exercise buddy as a spotter, but resistance bands can be safely used on your own. They’re ideal for exercising any time, at home or on the road.
9. Can Be Combined with Other Equipment: Resistance bands are so versatile that you can even use them along with other training equipment like balance boards, stability balls, the BOSU and suspension trainers like the Human Trainer, allowing you to get the benefits of many types of exercises at once.
10. An Effective Workout: Resistance bands are incredibly simple, but they’re also extremely effective at working your muscles. Additionally, resistance-band training can help you boost stamina, flexibility, range of motion and more.
WHICH RESISTANCE BAND IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Our Premium Ripcord Resistance Bands, have been the preferred choice for savvy fitness consumers and athletes for over 10 years. Backed by the most comprehensive warranty offered, with a LIFETIME replacement warranty, the Ripcord is built to the highest levels of quality, reliability and safety, and will keep you fit for Life!
Even for the serious athlete, Ripcords resistance band training is in many ways superior to free weights for maintaining a healthy body. Training with Ripcords hones in on the stabilizer muscles, which help protect the body from injuries. Developing the stabilizer muscles helps create a fuller, leaner look and feel. By adding our…
Circuit7 (effective circuit training workouts) routine to your regular weight lifting routine, even once a week, you will soar through plateaus and lock in gains. Physiotherapists and doctors have used tension bands, for decades to rehabilitate injured joints and muscles by honing in on the stabilizer muscles. With Ripcords you can prevent injuries before they happen.
Studies show that the majority of women do not want bulky muscles, but rather, sleek, sexy muscles, that make daily physical activities easier. Many women do not want to go the gym and workout with free weights or machines. Often women pay expensive membership fees simply to utilize the cardio equipment.
Ripcords is the perfect solution. Using Ripcords and the Circuit7 routines will help scuplt lean, sleek muscles and will provide cardio at the same time. Circuit7 will show you the benefits of a complete fitness routine with your Ripcord resistance bands, all right in your own home!
Strength training for kids offers many benefits. Along with building strength, body weight and resistance exercise can improve bone mineral density, body composition, self-esteem, balance, and cholesterol levels. “Strength training, when done correctly, can improve the strength, and overall health, of children and adolescents of all…
athletic abilities,” said Katherine Stabenow Dahab, MD, who did a comprehensive review of scientific research on the topic (published in the journal Sports Health). Strength training can improve your athlete’s performance in the sport of her choice. It can also boost metabolism, and help your child reach a healthy weight and maintain it.
Exercise and keeping fit can also help children build self-confidence and self-esteem. Because Ripcords use tension based resistance, and not sheer weight, they do not put unnecessary stress on growing bones in young children. Ripcords is your solution for childrens fitness!
Our Circuit7 program INCLUDES circuit training workouts for youth.
Warning: Young children should not use Ripcords without the supervision of a responsible adult.
Today, many adults over the age of 70 aren’t reaping the benefits of regular exercise– about 40 percent of women and 30 percent of men in this age group report that they don’t exercise at all or if they do work out regularly, chances are they skip strength training and go straight for endurance exercises such as walking or swimming.
The best workouts are those that include both aerobic activities as well as strength, balance and flexibility exercises. For those in the Golden years of life, making resistance training part of your exercise routine can help to improve your muscle strength, balance, coordination, flexibility and range of motion while fighting bone loss and easing the symptoms of arthritis pain. Strength training can also have a profound impact on a person’s mental and emotional health and can also have a profound effect on reducing risk for falls, which translates to fewer fractures.
Ripcords resistance bands are a perfect addition to a resistance training program that is safe, easy, simple and effective for a home or class based Seniors fitness program!
IFITNESS TIPS & SAVING MONEY!
Sign Up And
On Your First Order