The Duchess of Cambridge’s sister, Pippa Middleton, teamed up with food editors from Waitrose Weekendnewspaper and BHF-registered dieticians to compile Heartfelt, which has been available to purchase as of September 29th.
Here is one of the cookbook’s exclusive recipes:
Chicken and Leek Casserole
This recipe is a great wholesome midweek supper to have in your repertoire. Adding extra vegetables and beans to a casserole helps you towards your five a day while also making the meat go further.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 400g leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 400g can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 300ml homemade chicken stock | page 15 | or ready-made, low-salt alternative
- A bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (20g)
- 234 Kcal / 989 kJ
- Heat the oil in a non-stick saut pan and cook the chicken over a high heat until browned on both sides. Remove from the pan, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Add the leeks to the pan and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the beans, thyme, bay leaf and stock, cover and simmer for a further 4 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the beans, cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter with flat-leaf parsley and serve with pearl barley, steamed broccoli florets and some wilted chard or asparagus.
- Note: You can also serve with some healthier garlic bread, made by rubbing a halved garlic clove over slices of toasted wholegrain baguette and drizzling over a little olive oil.