Having proper posture has many extraordinary benefits:
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
- Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces.
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
- Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
- Prevents backache and muscular pain.
- Contributes to a good appearance.
The best way to improve your posture is to stretch regularly and to build muscle in your back, shoulders, and most importantly your core region.
Here is a Human Trainer workout made specifically by our in-house trainers to help improve posture.
1) Human Trainer Two-Arm Row (Strengthen the posterior backside of back and shoulders)
2) Human Trainer Straight Arm Squat (Strengthen the legs and gluteal muscles for optimal lower body support)
3) HT Chest Fly & Lunge Combo – (Open and stretch the chest in the fly, strengthen legs and open up the hips and pelvis during lunge)
4) HT Suspended Plank – (Strengthen the deep core muscles to help with alignment and injury prevention)
5) HT 2-Arm Rounded Back Stretch – (Open up the backside of the body)
6) HT 2-Arm Chest Stretch – (Open up the chest and shoulders)
7) HT 2-Arm Overhead Lat Stretch – (Open up the lats and sides of the body)
8) HT 2-Arm Behind the Body Stretch – (Open up the lats and chest)