Here is a healthy, grain free version of Tabouleh. Bring it to work for your lunch with a piece of grilled chicken. It even makes for a great side dish for all those upcoming summer BBQs!
Serves: Serves 3-4
1 small head cauliflower
1 cup raw almonds
1 large bunch fresh mint
1 large bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
2 green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
the juice and zest of one lemon
1 tbsp sumac
1 tbsp zaatar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Cut cauliflower into little florets and add to the bowl of your food processor. Process on pulse until cauliflower has texture of large grains of cracked wheat. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. This is optional but adds a bit of protein to your salad. Add your almonds to the food processor and again, process until grainy in texture. Add to cauliflower.
3. Chop your mint, parsley, green onions and tomatoes very, very finely. Add that to the cauliflower and toss to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, add garlic, lemon juice, sumac, zaatar, salt and pepper and give this a good whisk. Pour over reserved salad and toss gently to combine.
5. If you can, let your tabouleh sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to fully develop (but theres no need to, really you CAN have it right away if you want!)