This no-cook oatmeal is an easy grab-and-go breakfast with make-ahead convenience. AND its packed with nutrition (high in protein, calcium and fiber, and low in fat & sugar) to get your day off to a healthy start. Sounds like the perfect breakfast!
Oatmeal makes for a hardy winter breakfast that sticks to your bones, but since this baby is served cold, straight from the fridge its great in the summer too!
There are several flavor combinations your can make. Use your imagination and your favorites. Today, Im sharing mine:
Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut)
- 1/3 cup skim milk (or any type of milk you like)
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt (regular yogurt is thinner; if you use it, you’ll need to reduce the amount of milk)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 cup diced ripe banana, or enough to fill jar (approx. half of a small banana)
In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cocoa powder and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add bananas and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.